Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mosquito in Inle Lake

mosquito inle lake

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jpsg

jpsg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I would like to ask if there are many mosquitoes in Inle Lake.

I read news and it seems like there are many cases of Malaria in South East Asia so I'm a bit concerned as I'm going there with my children.

Are there many cases of Malaria in Inle? What precaution should I take? Thanks

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi jpsg, 

I went to Inlay lake many years ago. So, I don't remember the exact condition about mosquito. However, considering about the place, although Shan State is malaria endemic area, Inlay lake and around Taungyi city has little case of malaria. Actually, even local people who are living in Yangon can be the victim  of malaria but they don't need to take preventive medicine when they go to Inlay lake and near Taungyi. But the other area, it is the malaria endemic area. So, I would like to suggest you that if you can protect from yourself from mosquito bite, you don't need to take prophylaxis medicine, just mosquito repellent is enough. 

jpsg

jpsg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks for the information.

We will not travel only to Inlay but also many other areas, so I think we will take the preventive medecine.

I just don't like the side effect of it but it is still better than take the risk to get malaria.

YangonStyle

YangonStyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationShanghai, China

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Hi jpsg, aster,[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]I am also thinking to go to Inle Lake probably before the end of the year. So thank you for this question and your answer aster.[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]However, as you mentioned area of Shan state outside of Inle Lake and Taungyi are malaria endemic areas, however, I would like to go for a trekking between Kalaw and Inle Lake, if I go there. [/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]So will the mosquito repellent will be enough, or should I take preventive medicine in this case?[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Mosquito repellent might be enough to repel most of the mosquitos but a few would still succeed in their biting, so I'm wondering if to be the most cautious possible it's not better to take "malarone" or other prophylaxis drugs?[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Thanks[/font]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mosquito, inle lake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users