Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myanmar visa from USA

- - - - - myanmar visa usa

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

gator

gator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi to the members,

as there is no Myanmar embassy in the city I live, I want to apply a visa on arrival, Does anyone already apply for a visa on arrival?

I also don't want to to take a connecting flight, I'm wondering if there is any direct flight from USA to Yangon?

thanks

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hello Gator,

you won't be able to apply Visa on arrival, I know there is a government website for visa on arrival but they don't launch it yet.

You live in USA so there is a good chance that you will need to take a connecting flight to reach Asia.

From what I know, there is no direct flight from USA to Yangon, you will need to take a connecting flight.

Why don't you take a plane to go to Thailand and then apply for your tourist visa in Bangkok?

Thailand is a wonderful country too so it will give you time to visit a bit.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

ekins

ekins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I know this is probably too late for the original poster but hopefully this will help someone else.

I recently received my tourist visa for Myanmar and it was quite painless.   I went through the Myanmar embassy in Washington D.C. Their website is www.mewashingtondc.com/visa_en.php  I just followed the instructions on the website which were to fill out the forms and mail them along with a money order for $20 per visa (I did two of them), the passports, and a prepaid envelope to send them back to me.  I had them back within two weeks and it was over the holidays so there were limited work days.  I always worry a bit when I send my passport but I could see by the packing tracking numbers when it arrived and also check when it was on the way back to me.  I ended up with 2 visas for less than $55 including all shipping costs.

Richie

Richie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I don't know if it was useful for the OP but surely is for me, thanks for sharing your experience Ekins.

It certainly a good and affordable option, if you compare to the $60 or more for visa on arrival services !!

Salmonela

Salmonela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
To expand upon TS33's comment, there is no direct air service to Myanmar from the USA. Depending on where you are departing from, you will need to make at least one connection. The most common connecting cities are Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jakarta, or Kuala Lumpur. Most of these can be reached nonstop from the west coast, and Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo from a number of US cities.

You can also fly via the Atlantic from New York with a single connection in Doha on Qatar Airways.

Hope this helps.
  • saahil likes this

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

To expand upon TS33's comment, there is no direct air service to Myanmar from the USA. Depending on where you are departing from, you will need to make at least one connection. The most common connecting cities are Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jakarta, or Kuala Lumpur. Most of these can be reached nonstop from the west coast, and Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo from a number of US cities.

You can also fly via the Atlantic from New York with a single connection in Doha on Qatar Airways.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your information, I'll add Kunming to your extended list.

Many Chinese flight from there.

• saahil likes this

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Richie

Richie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Not sure that we can reach Kunming from the USA TS33, can we??

myat

myat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

There is no direct flight to Kunming from LAX. Not sure about from other locations

Not sure that we can reach Kunming from the USA TS33, can we??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myanmar visa, usa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users